Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Among other things . . .

Hinckley had a very benign case of what looked like the chicken pox or measles. Hard to tell which exactly. But he had a fever of 102 a couple of months ago and shortly thereafter broke into a rash all over his body. Poor little guy. But I wasn't all that worried. He didn't seem bothered much by it. And the rash practically disappeared the next day. If I hadn't taken pictures of it, no one would probably believe me. But the way I figure, it's one less vaccine to worry about. It was hard to catch the small bumps even on camera. But it was all over his face and ears and even in his scalp.


This was probably a few days after that outbreak. See how quickly he cleared up. I love how my mother staying with us means that I don't have to be in charge of as many baths. She seems to take great joy in bath times and I'm not going to be one to stop her. I have a baby bathtub for Hinckley but she seems more comfortable doing it the old fashioned way: in the kitchen sink. This picture reminds me of one I have that I'll have to find sometime of her giving me a bath as a baby. I'm getting too used to this. She surely is spoiling me. But the kids sure love spending their time with their Grand Mamita Eloisita or as Chrysalis likes to call her "Gran Pasita," which makes my mom laugh because she came up with this nickname on her own and in spanish it means "Great Raisin." Leave it to the kids to say the darndest things.


We've had strange weather around here this year. Some beautiful spring flowers despite the occasional snowy mountains and super rainy and windy days. Here's Orion strolling around the temple.


It really is quite the peaceful place to go for walks around. We're so lucky to live 5 minutes away from one.

Here is my Dad with his latest Grandson.

Orion wanted to take a picture of Hinckley one day. So I let him. Then I edited it. Not too bad.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer