Wednesday, June 8, 2011

April's Shower Brings May Flower

I know, I'm a thief. I stole the title and some pics from Alyssa's blog.

And a May flower it did bring as little Lillian was indeed born on May 27th. So here is April's shower of which I took Magen's colors and decorations and expounded upon the same idea. I even found some pretty lillies to display that I thought were just daintily approrpriate but sadly they didn't open up to their full bloom until a few days later. Oh well. At least I got some photos of them here to show. Aren't they the most vibrantly beautiful flowers?! ". . . Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin; And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon, in all his glory, was not arrayed like one of these." -3 Nephi 13:28-29.

Here is the invitation I put together with the help of my parents since three kids make it near impossible to cut and paste handmade invitations. I still prefer handmade things. I know. I've often thought of just buying ready-made cards and invitations but I never give in. Handmade is always better in my mind. And less expensive too. You should have seen my dad carefully cutting ribbons and pasting flowers. It really was quite the bonding experience as I tried to explain to him that it wasn't done right if the ribbon was too far to the right. I know. I'm crazy. Call me OCD if you want. Me and my nervous ticks for perfection. But we laughed at the silly assembly line that took place in making these. I should start a business or something.



And here is the spread.

My lovely sister-in-law in full bloom. She really does glow.




I love these little shoes that say Jack and Lily on the soles.


April getting showered.


My kids pestering their cousin Lily. I guess the name runs in the family. So fitting. I love it.


Hope you enjoyed your shower April. The kids and I loved putting it together. Orion helped stick flowers on the diaper cake. And Gio was sad she couldn't be there even though she spent three hours helping me make poofballs as she likes to call them. Your little girl is beautiful. And we're so happy that Chrysalis has a little girl cousin nearby to play with now. More pics to come.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

THEIF!!!

Alex said...

THIEF!!! :)

April said...

Love it. Sharing, that's what I call it. :)
It was beautiful, and you are the best ever to throw such a lovely shower for us.
Love you.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer