Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Chrysalis Rae!

A year ago, this sweet little package arrived.

Here she is today. Her big brother helps her dig into her Raw Strawberry Cheesecake.

A little timid at first, but she got the hang of it.

Yup, it's in the hair.



She actually didn't get much on her clothes. I was surprised.

She got a new baby doll that crawls.

Sporting the knitted scarf and beanie her Auntie Tiffany made for her birthday.

Not so sure she's ready to be a mom. Chrysalis celebrated her first birthday in the nice quiet of our home. We don't have many friends out here to celebrate with. Maybe for her second, we will have more family around and some old friends from Utah. But her brother loved helping her with her cake. She loves her scarf. She's always draping stuff all over herself like my shirts, so her little scarf is perfect. I'll probably post some more cute pics of her later in a dress my mom sent out for her to wear. It's perfect because it has Strawberries on it and I just love strawberries. She'll probably wear it on Sunday. I guess as a child, I was in love with Strawberry Shortcake so anything strawberries brings back those old comforting memories. It's why I made her those strawberry blankets when she was born, and made myself a nursing cover with chocolate covered strawberries all over it. If I had it my way, she would have a little room with a strawberry theme. Maybe in the near future. I can dream. But all in all, I think she had a happy birthday. I have mixed feelings about my little girl not being quite the baby anymore. I love how she's grown, but I hate how fast she's growing. And some days I can't wait for her to grow up faster. But today, I wish she would stay this little forever. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRYSALIS RAE HUNTINGTON! Watch for an upcoming video I'm putting together.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Can't believe she is one! Congrats on the pregnancy and hope you are feeling ok. It is hard to be pregnant with two little ones but you can do it!!

April said...

Happy birthday, Chrys! We love you!

Gio said...

These pictures are precious. She has you face, and your big brown eyes. And she's just so pretty. I love her! Happy Birthday little Chrys!!!! I will always love you! :)

Stephen said...

How ladylike! :)

Happy birthday, Chrys. Love you.

Grandpa

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer