Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What Nesting Moms Do

So, we got this cute little bed from a good friend. At first I was going to make it Orion's bed but he's growing so fast that we thought we'd get him a big boy bed and I'd fix this one up for Chrysalis instead.

It had a small crack but nothing a little wood glue, putty, and paint couldn't fix. No, I didn't know how to do any of this before, but I guess when you're determinedly nesting, you'll try anything. And I really wanted to get this done before baby came.

So, here is the finished bed, all painted and everything.

And here it is covered with a homemade duvet and pillows. I love the colors of these fabrics. So, yea, how I managed to get all this done 9 months pregnant and with two little ones running wild I will never know. But I had fun. I guess I just really took advantage of nap times. I'm setting up a girl/sewing room so I'm not quite done with all my projects to make this room a reality but here is the beginning of it.

1 comment:

Palmyra said...

How beautiful, and I love the music you put to your blog. Very...tender. It almost made me wish I was expecting. Almost. :) So happy for you and your family, what a blessing to have a brand new spirit from up high.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer