Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Baby Doll and some Fun Facts

At 10 Months, 1 week, and 3 days old, here are some things I intend to brag about my daughter (C'mon mothers, you know we all do this):

-Chrys likes to eat quinoa, dates, fruits, bread and oatmeal.
-She likes to drink green smoothies, rice, almond and soy milks, and even wheatgrass juice.
-She likes to be sung to sleep.
-She weighs 20 lbs. exactly.
-She crawls like a pro.
-She has 6 teeth (four on top, and two on bottom)
-Her grin is to die for.
-She walks and wobbles but can take about 10-15 steps on her own without holding onto anything.
-She loves to sing or at least make long noises in an attempt to sing. She covers and uncovers her ears when she does this to hear the drowning out of noise. It's funny to watch her do this.
-She says: Hi, Mama, Dada, Baba, Brrrrrrrr (and does the equivalent of rolling her tongue but with her lips instead - does that description have a word?), Nene, Nana, and Wha!
-Chrys likes to blow raspberries on Mommy anywhere and everywhere. If I'm lying on my back, she'll blow them into my tummy. If I'm on my stomach stretching, she'll crawl up to me and blow them into my calves. If I'm cuddling her, she'll blow them into my cheeks, neck and yes even into my chest.
-She still loves to nurse.
-She loves to read. She can read about 10 words that I know of so far. Maybe more. But the few that stand out are clap, tongue, ear, nose, dog, cat, wave, and hi. When shown the word without the pictures, she'll either do the action, point to the body part, or make the animal sound.
-She loves to talk gibberish to me like she's actually having a conversation. It's really quite funny. She'll just lie in bed with me sometimes and roll onto her side and just talk to me, making eye contact and everything. And if I start to dose or am not paying attention, she not so gently slaps my face.
-She loves being pushed around in a stroller. She hates carseats. Probably because she can't see anything. She loves shopping and being pushed around in a walmart cart.
-She'll let everyone know she's upset with her brother when he takes something away from her. She'll grunt and squak until she gets her way.
-Lately, she likes draping things over her shoulders. She'll drape clothes and baskets over herself like purses or something.
-And the thing I either love the most or hate the most depending on the time of day and the current situation, is that she loves to be held, specifically by Mommy. She's definitely a Mommy's girl. And I love her. She's my baby doll. My butterfly. My Chrysalis.

3 comments:

jillian said...

that just made my almost 10 month old look bad! i need to get cracking on some things.

Heather said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. Taylor still isn't walking and I wish she would. I hope you are doing well.

Ligia said...

I really hope this post didn't come across as boastful or make anyone feel like their own babies aren't up to par or anything. It really was more of a milestone journalistic documentation for both myself and my little girl. That said, thanx for the sweet comments. Makes a Mommy feel somewhat proud. :oP

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer