Monday, November 16, 2009

He Told Me

I had to post this little story.

We were all sitting on the floor after a long day and I was trying to keep a teething baby as content as possible, bouncing her on my knee and using other similar tactics. She complains a lot in a loud whiney voice that really travels through your spine. On this occasion, this is the conversation that took place:

Me: "Alex, I am so sick of this child."

Alex: "You're sick of our child?!"

Me: "At this moment, YES, I am sick of our child."

Notice the emphasis on the word child. I suppose Orion picked up on the meaning of the word cuz this is what followed:

Orion: "Mommy, Chrys is child? Chrys is child of God."

I know we sing this song to him a lot before bedtime but leave it to a two-year-old to put me in my place.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Aww.. That gave me the warm fuzzies. I miss hearing the put-you-in-your-place comments of kids. How tender Orion is!

April said...

HA! Yep, you got TOLD. :)

jillian said...

leave it up to the kids to put us in our place! berkeley always tells me and todd to be nice when ever we start to get a little heated. we immediately stop when she says that!!

Kira said...

So sweet. Little kids really listen and understand a lot more than we think sometimes, huh?

Stephen said...

Out of the mouths of babes...

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer