Friday, November 20, 2009

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

So here you have it: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I wasn't anything special this year but I put together these resourceful costumes with things lying around our house so that we wouldn't have to buy Halloween costumes this year. I don't think I did such a bad job putting stuff together for my little family. Unfortunately I ran out of time to put together something for myself to fit in with the group but I'm okay with that. I was costume designer this year and made the vegan chilli for our ward Trunk-or-treat night.

As you can clearly see, Orion really wanted to be the wardrobe and the lion. He actually wore this same costume last year. It used to be a little jumpsuit. Amazing how a pair of scissors quickly turns it into a shirt with a tail.

As for the little girl, you'd be amazed at what you can put together with an old onesie, a white skirt, some batting, rhinestones and old christmas decorations.

And voila! You get the White Witch of Narnia.

She's too cute to be a witch but I was very proud at how it all turned out. Originally, I was a little sad we couldn't afford to go buy new costumes, but I guess I was amazed at how creative I was forced to get, with things I already had lying around.

Alex's costume, was of course just an old moving box (because we don't have a few of those). A little paint, some scissors and a black marker was all that box needed.

What is it with kids always wanting to play with the box?

After some trick-or-treating, we were ready to call it a night. Nothing like an Indiana Jones movie at home to set somewhat of a spooky mood. All in all, we didn't do too much, but it was fun cuz we were together. Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Palmyra said...

Good job! Love it.

Taylor Gardner said...

Way to go, Momma! I really like that wardrobe. Very creative!

Gio said...

Ligi! That's precious! I love it! Your kids (including Alex, haha) look so cute together! You did a fine job mommy putting those costumes together! :)

Launi said...

Oh my gosh--these are hysterical! You are a very talented lady. I love them.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer