Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

So here is my "I'm Thankful for....." List of the Year 2009:

1. The Gospel - Because real truth is sought for everywhere and so hard to find for those without the knowledge of the Gospel.
2. The Atonement - Because I have a tendency to fall short time after time after time. You'd think I'd learn. I'm just glad the Great Mediator has made it possible for me to return to my Heavenly Father.
3. Joseph Smith and Modern day Prophets - Because I'd be lost without revelation to apply in this day. Our trials are so different, but we are equally in need of consistent reminders. I'm blessed to live in a day when the gospel has been fully restored.
4. The Scriptures - Because whenever I have questions about life and its trials, Alex always responds with, "Well, what do the scriptures say?" as if it were the most insightful source available. I suppose he's right.
5. My Husband Alex - Because, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news to all other wives out there but, he really is the best husband in the world. Jk. But he is the best in my eyes and therefore the best for me.
6. Orion Athen - Because Heavenly Father somehow saw me fit to be the mother of this super understanding and mild-mannered little boy. Because at night he asks, "Mommy, will you cuddle me?" and because that in itself is enough to melt me into a puddle of goo.
7. Chrysalis Rae - Because in the Chinese language, the symbol for happiness is made by depicting a figure of both a boy and a girl. Most Chinese families are only allowed to have two children so if they don't "get it right" the first two times, they are left incomplete. I am thankful to have been blessed with my first dose of happiness. Chrys has completed that for me. But who knows. . . perhaps in a few years I will have a second dose. In any case, I'm grateful to have a little mini-me who loves to wave, clap her hands, stick out her tongue, and say, "Amamama!"
8. My mother and father -For all that they give and continue to give, and for loving me no matter how differently we may see things at times.
9. My grandparents and all my ancestors who left their mark on me in both the obvious and subtle ways that are now who I am today.
10. For my siblings because I know many siblings these days who don't get along and we all do. And especially for my partner in crime Gio.
11. The Constitution - Because it protects our freedom.
12. Wheatgrass - Enough said.
13. Raw and living foods.
14. Bike trails.
15. Internet.
16. Music and the Invention of the piano.
17. Paint and paintbrushes.
18. Whoever invented the sewing machine.
19. Dancers and Choreographers alike.
20. Yoga and Pilates.
21. Friendly neighbors.
22. Seeds that grow.
23. Sun and snow.
24. Books.
25. Blenders and juicers.
26. Oh, and sippy cups.

And I can't think of anymore at the moment. But I think I needed to write this down because I've just now realized that I truly am blessed with so much more than I ever dreamed I would ever have and I'm only 27 years old. I haven't even fulfilled 1/3 of my life yet. Hee hee. Here's to hoping I make it to 100 like I've always wanted to. Well I challenge you all to write an "I'm Thankful For....." List because I would love to read yours and I actually found this silly tradition to be quite therapeutic. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

4 comments:

Stephen said...

I'm thankful for you!

Eloisa said...

Thanks for being my primogenita, always giving the good example to your sibblings. With your thanking words you make my heart swell with happiness. Thanks Tesoro de mama.

Launi said...

You have positively inspired me! I'm going to go write a list. I'm afraid that at least half of it will sound the same as yours because we have so many of the same things to be thankful for. I hope your holiday was wonderful.

Your babies are just beautiful.

April said...

A great idea indeed. I just caught-up reading your fun posts. SO cute. I love the homemade costumes. Creative is always the best. The garden looks great too!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer