Monday, February 9, 2009

Chrysalis is Here!!!




So here she is. Our little Strawberry Shortcake. Our precious butterfly. Chrysalis Rae Huntington. She was born Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 5:12pm., weighing in at 8 lbs. 4 oz. and stretching the length of 21". After a comparatively shorter labor than Orion's, she came out healthy and pink, and we were able to give birth to her in our home. I know a few of you have been waiting to hear all about the birth story. I will soon be posting it in detail as I am very much thrilled to share my experience with those contemplating a home birth in the near future. In the meantime, here are a few pictures for you all to enjoy of our newest family member.


3 comments:

Stephen said...

'S wonderful!

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

Congratulations. She's beautiful as ever. I can't wait to come meet her but we'll have to as I've had some sickos in our house. They should be better soon though. Great job on the labor and delivery Ligia. I know it's hard but so rewarding. It really is a natural high. Can't believe how soon I will be doing it again! AH!

The Porter's said...

CONGRATS! SHE IS SO ADORABLE. LITTLE GIRL'S ARE THE BEST..

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer