Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

So, I stole the cutest idea from one of the other moms staying out here in South Carolina for the summer. She was doing this as a gift for the Daddy in their family and I just had to do the same. I'm not creative enough to think up these things on my own. But I think it turned out great! Don't ask me how I got the kids to sit still long enough for me to snap these photos just right. But for not much of photo experience, I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. I've framed these photos and mounted them into a nice frame to hang on our wall. I hope he likes his surprise. He's also got a couple new shirts and some jeans since the last time I saw him in a pair of jeans was when he was still framing houses and those were tossed out and never replaced a long time ago. I thought it was about time he started wearing jeans again.

In just four years, we've more than doubled the size of our little family and I can't imagine I would be able to do it on my own. We are so grateful for the Father of our home. He's the most hardworking, dedicated and devoted father and I'm blessed to have him be the Daddy of our two and a half children. I love how he loves being a dad. He was feeling the baby move around in my belly one night and he says to me, "Sometimes I wish I could feel what it feels like." Sometimes I think he loves being a dad more than I love being a mom. Is that possible?

Anyways, to all daddies and grand daddies and great grand daddies out there:
Happy Father's Day!

6 comments:

Kira said...

What an adorable idea! I'll have to do it in a few years when we have three kids. The pictures and the scrapbook page turned out so cute Ligia. Way to go!

Amy said...

Aw. That photo turned out so cute. Great job, Lig!

Jennie B. said...

They turned out darling, Ligia! And don't worry... I didn't come up with the idea on my own either. :) Tell Alex Happy Father's Day! He is a good daddy.

Stephen said...

Happy Father's Day to you too, Ligia. And let me first say that I'm quite certain you couldn't have done it on your own! LOL

I'm tremendously impressed with the photo montage. Like I said on the phone, I think it's the best photo I've seen of Chrys.

Jenni said...

great photos! Cute kids, cute tummy! Happy Father's day to Alex

Palmyra said...

How cute...I feel the same way, so I'm thankful for the creative souls out there, and those who share :)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer