Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Toes, Teeth and Pigtails

So I hope this doesn't gross anybody out but I felt this was worth writing about for whatever reason. Sometime six months ago, I got a small bug bite on my middle toe. For whatever reason (could just be that I scratched at it furiously because I have no control) it didn't heal and turned into a wart. I've never had a wart before in my life. I didn't even realize small infections could turn into warts. I thought they came from frogs. Just kidding. It doesn't bother me or anything but I think it looks ugly. So I am trying to find a way to get rid of it. I've seen those freeze off things but want to try something natural first. Surprisingly I've read that applying fresh garlic to it and letting it sit on the wart for a few days will make it go away. I haven't tried it but it's worth a shot right? I mean, it worked on Chrys' ear infection so it must really have a lot of antibacterial properties. It brought her temperature down almost instantly.

So here goes. It's probably not even that bad to anyone else. But I suppose that because it's my foot it matters to me. I am a dancer and I love feet and toes so I've always been obsessed with keeping toes looking pretty. And warts are just not pretty.

Here's to hoping. If it doesn't work, I'll let you know. I might just end up using the freeze off. If anyone out there has heard of any natural remedies for warts I haven't heard of yet, please share. I love experimenting on myself lately.

Since we're on the topic of toes, here are some cuter toes for your viewing pleasure. It's her first pedicure.

As long as I let her brush her teeth, she allows me to paint her toes and do her hair.

These are her first pigtails too. I had fun with these. She has such little hair. I love her laughs. Tell me she's not a cutie. Just try. Words of a proud mother I suppose.

2 comments:

Amy said...

So cute! I loved getting manicures and pedicures at home when I was little. And the piggy tails are too adorable.

Heather said...

So cute. That made me laugh that chrysalis will let you do her hair if she can brush her teeth. . . Taylor is the same way! That dress you made is darling.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer