Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Rant and A New Resolve


Lately, it seems, I come across as more and more controversial. Since this is my blog, I just wanted to take a moment to vent about my thoughts and ideas and perhaps share what it is I am doing that I am so passionate about lately.

First off, I don't appreciate being thought of as outdated, a witch doctor, an extremist, a fanatic, or any other number of names I've been called in the past for simply being passionate about the things that I share. I suppose a vast majority of this is aimed at the ones I love the most because family do tend to become your strongest critics. As much as I love them and would love for them to see things the way that I do, I realize it's not within my control, nor should I strive to control how they think. I forget this easily because I want nothing more for them but to be happy and not so negative about life in general. But what can I say. They're Velezes. In a way, I'm glad I'm a Huntington now. Jk.

I know my weaknesses. I try not to judge. But I realize that by pushing things on them when they're not ready for them, my ways quickly become like those of the adversary. I need a different approach. <<>>

So, I'm sure you're all wondering what I'm even talking about. Why on earth are my family members calling me a witch doctor? I can assure you I have not taken on ancient voodoo practices or anything of the sort. So what is it that makes me a "fanatic" exactly? No, it's not eating a highly raw/vegan diet, which I still strive hard to keep to btw.

My venting can only be attributed to one thing lately: doTERRA.

Okay, enough with the venting. A couple of months ago, thanks to a sweet friend and family member, I stumbled across a multi-level-marketing company that sells essential oils. You may be thinking, "Multi-level-marketing?!" I know. That's what I initially thought at first as well. I've used essential oils on occasion in the past but never really learned too much about them. I can't believe I thought I already knew everything there was to know about health and wellness. I feel like there is so much for me to learn that I could literally spend a lifetime trying to learn it all and not even know half of it. I guess that's the beauty of our purpose on this earth.

I know I haven't blogged much lately and I know that most of my devoted blog readers are usually anticipating photos of my babies, so, I'm sorry I have no photos at this time, but this new venture in my life is one I definitely wanted to take a moment to document as I begin making the journey down this road of health awareness I previously knew little about.

I am certain you will read many new things along with me as I share the things that I value most in this life. But please, if any of the stuff I share fascinates you even in the slightest, I encourage you to follow me. It has already changed my life in more ways than one. And I've definitely developed a new resolve in my life. To assist others in learning how to heal themselves, one Cancer, one Heart disease, one Diabetic, one Autistic, one Smoothie, one Juice, one Herb, one Oil at a time. Stay tuned as I share this sweet Gift of the Earth. :)

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer