Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Total Body, Mind, Spirit Makeover

I've had a few counseling sessions and they've been rather productive. More so than I thought they would be. I don't know what I was so afraid of. I'm silly. I've been re-introduced to and encouraged to read Dr. Laura. I've read her books before and love her. I must admit I needed this reminder. Recommitting to all this is great. So along with therapy lately, I'm going to be really focusing in on my health. My overall health. And just plain learning how to be happy.

I've been giving in to too many sweet treats lately. Sugary breads, pastas, crackers and Costco's churros. Don't even get me started on that one. Just too addicting. I suppose I have a strong emotional bond with churros because it was a treat my Dad and I would always enjoy every time we went to Disneyland. But they're way overpriced there. I think they're up to $3.75 a churro now. At Costco, the bread on the inside is softer, the outside is crunchier, the cinnamon and sugar are way sweeter, and for just a buck, the churros are way bigger. I guess they've marketed their product well. What can I say? I'm an addict. To sugar. And it's definitely taken its toll on my health.

I'm going to be embarking on a week long juice fast. I believe I will be starting on October 4th. I have a friend who has asked me to do it with her, and since I've been wanting to do it for a long time now and have been putting it off, I've decided that October 4th, is as good a time as any to start. At least I won't be doing it during the holidays.

Anyways, just wanted to document my latest health craze. I think it will be a good way to reset my body, clear out toxins, and re-energize my cells. I'm determined to do it. I've been given a special recipe by my cousin who did a three week fast herself along with colon hydrotherapy. She swears she never felt better. And I must admit she looks better. Her skin glows and she looks way healthier. So, Romy you're my inspiration.

In case anyone is dying to know what I will be drinking for a whole week this is my specific plan:

3 times a day I will be having freshly made juice of:

-3 carrots
-1 celery stalk
-1/4 of a cucumber
-1/4 of a beet
-1 slice of radish
-2 dandelion leaves
-1/2 chard leaf
-1/2 kale leaf
-1 brocoli spear
-1 handful of cilantro
-1 inch square of ginger
-pinch of salt
-pinch of cayenne pepper

1 Time a Day:

-1-2 ounces of wheatgrass juice depending on my needs.
-1 young Thai Coconut's water for extra electrolytes.

On occasion throughout the week I might have:

-1 Cup of carrot/orange juice

And plenty of water every day.

Along with all this, I intend to get out for regular bike rides every day, the way I've been doing with my kids dragging along in the bike trailer. Gotta make the most of the sunshine that's left. I will also be focusing on playing as often as I can with my kids. Even if that means that my laundry will turn into the Sierra Nevadas. And I really want to focus on my spirituality a lot more. If I'm really going to try to make myself over, I'm going to focus on all three aspects of health and overall wellness. Body, Mind and Spirit. So here goes. Our bishop has encouraged our ward on several occasions to read the scriptures for an hour a day. He calls it the Hour of Power. I've succeeded on some days. But I haven't been consistent. Throughout my cleansing week, I would like to make that a focus. I will strive to read ONE HOUR a day.

Anyways, just wanted to write down my goals. Yet again. Here's to recommitting. Here's to my Makeover.

1 comment:

Palmyra said...

My Mother in law has started a juice diet too. She loves it. I'm sorry you are going through a hard time, I have a friend who also goes through post depression. She is such a happy girl otherwise, Its incredible how much hormones affect us. I hope things will begin to feel better. You sound like you are trying it all the best things. Keep it up, hang in there. And yes, I would be interested in reading any articles you have.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer