Thursday, January 14, 2010

Los Angeles

So this is the view you get . . .

. . . from THIS.

How such a magnificent piece of architecture stands tall amidst the chaos of the world, I will never truly understand. The view you get from the temple is not much. But the view you get from the world as seen from the Santa Monica Boulevard is astounding. Takes my breath away every time. Did you know it's the second largest temple in the world? I suppose it stands tall with a purpose. My heart swells to think the people of this great city of angels is slowly caving in to the corruption of the world and losing sight of what it was they stood for when they were given this name: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles.
Thanx Tiff for babysitting the kiddos so that Mom, Dad, Alex and myself could all attend the temple together.

Twas a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for the LA Temple! So nice that you guys got to go. Were you married there or Newport? P.S. I think if you don't count the endowment house in the Salt Lake Temple, since it's not actually attached to the rest of the building, L.A. is actually the largest.

Jenni said...

Beautiful temple! Beautiful photos. Beautiful family! And Beautiful flowery bows or headbands- so cute!

Eloisa said...

Hijita, thanks for sharing time with us for Christmas and New Year's. The children are precious. I wish I did not have to work to spend more time with all of you. Time will come. I love going to Los Angeles Temple. Of all the temples that I have visited this is my favorite, it makes me feel at home. Thanks Ligiecita and Alex for taking us to the Temple. Love, Mommy.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer