Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Easter Weekend

One of my favorite paintings by Liz Lemon Swindle depicting what Christ must have felt in his sacrifice for us all.

My sharp-looking little boy. How can anyone refuse this sweet little face?!

Equally as sweet in her own unique way.

Our cute kids in their Easter Sunday outfits.

Family photo time.
A shot with Grandpa Huntington who spent the weekend with us.

Orion playing on the slide.

WEEEEeeeeee!!!!!

Orion and his little friends collecting eggs.

He sure loves his chocolate. Not too much mind you.

Our friend's little girl McKinlee in a matching flower bow that we made one day.

Orion with his little friend Crew.

Madasin - This cute little girl said she had chocolate whiskers.

The eggs we died with old silk neckties. We got this idea from Mary's blog. It was sure fun and creative and not nearly as messy as using other forms of dye. Thanx Mary.

Cereal Nests that I made.

Cookie nests made by Brittney Porter.

Chocolate covered cake eggs made by Jenny Dannels.




We had lots of fun treats to share and enjoyed a great time with Grandpa this weekend. We were finally able to attend our new ward but it was stake conference and so we didn't get much opportunity to meet new people yet. The broadcast was quite inspiring though and our prophet spoke to us about reaching out and doing more. At a time when our thoughts are turned to the Savior and his atoning sacrifice, I am quickly reminded of how little I do in comparison to what the Lord himself sent his son to do for all of us. Let me not forget how much I have to be grateful for. I have a great brother who gave up his life in the most cruel manner to save mine.

We have great families and even though we may not always agree upon the simplest of matters, we are grateful for their love and support throughout the years. I am especially grateful for the opportunity that the Lord has blessed me with to be an example in the lives of my own children that I may guide them and do wholesome activities with them; that I may raise them up to become leaders in our future. Leaders by example is what this nation desperately needs. We are grateful for friends who care; who share the simplest of moments with us, delighting in these wholesome tasks that help us to grow and become better teachers and better examples to those who may not be of our same faith. So I leave a big THANX to all those who spent this Easter holiday with us and the same to those who we couldn't be with this year. HAPPY EASTER!

4 comments:

Stephen said...

What a blessing to be able to spend several days, including Easter. It was especially delightful to have time with Orion. I feel fortunate that you guys are so close this summer. See you later.

LD

marymary said...

Your eggs turned out so cool!

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

Your kids are beautiful. They look so cute together all dressed up. It always amazes me how fast they grow and Chrisylis is doing the same. I'm glad you're doing well.

Elliot said...

Thanks so much for this wonderful post!

I loved the pictures and its nice to see how everyone is doing, and pictures of Dad with the family.

I love you guys and you're in our prayers.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer