Sunday, March 15, 2009

Family Photo Shoot

Here is our first family photo with our newest member Chrysalis. Outside the womb that is.

Look at the baby.

Look at the birdie.

This is what true love looks like.

Lookin' at the baby again.

A vain shot of myself. I had to get a good shot of my hair before it starts falling out. It's my best feature. After Orion was born I had a receding hairline. It was so attractive. :oP

Smiles for mama.

Auntie Gio with the babies.

Besitos.

She loves being an aunt.

I think this shot is endearing.

This one is pretty too.
So I want to take a moment to write a little something about how I'm feeling. I don't ever want to forget how happy I am because surely there are hard and difficult times ahead of us and if I don't write down the happy moments, I know that I easily forget to count my blessings.
I am grateful that the Lord has once again granted me the opportunity to be a mother for the second time. Sometimes I feel so unworthy of such a demanding call. I am grateful to have this little piece of heaven in our home; this little soul that so recently was in the presence of our Heavenly Father. Her aura of innocense and purity reminds me of the kind of person I want to be when I return to our Father above. She has been nothing but an angel. Her calmness astounds me. At her age my little boy was never quite as calm as she is now. I wonder how long it will last. I hear so much about how little girls are always more dramatic, but so far she has been far from it. She literally only cries when she's hungry. I wonder how long it will last. For now, I will take joy in the drama-free queen that she is.
As a newborn, I remember Orion was always so colicky and had excema along with jaundice. It was always so sad feeling there was little we could do to help him feel better. Now that he doesn't have illnesses much anymore, he still is a "boy." Quite active and always keeping me on my toes. I am reminded of a time when I attended a BYU devotional where our dear prophet Thomas S. Monson was the speaker. This was before he became a prophet. But he said something I really enjoyed. He said not to stress so much about the sound of those little ones that cry and make so much noise throughout our church meetings. He said to always remember that it's only because they have such great souls and that their little bodies are just too small to contain such great souls. This is why they fidget so much and cry out with such gusto. These are the souls that will one day bring about many charitable works and good deeds if we will but nurture them with all the tender loving care that we possess.
I know I have a huge responsibility with the upbringing of my children and sometimes it's overwhelmingly scary to think that these little innocent souls are looking up to me, watching my example and learning from it; waiting for me to lead and to guide them. They mimic and they don't judge but one day they will. I only hope that when that day comes, that they will find themselves pleased with my attempts to follow in the Lord's footsteps.
I am grateful for my sweet husband, who worthily holds on to his priesthood and strives to hearken unto our Father. His support and faith in me leaves little room for doubt in my ability to do my job as a mother and to do it well. I used to think that having a good job and holding positions of power are what made women strong. While I respect women who work outside the home, I now know what empowering effects a woman who devotes her time to her family at home can have. I've held some decent jobs in my life. I can now say I've earned a college degree. But all these wonderful things I've accomplished in my short lifespan are miniscule when compared to what I've done most recently; being pregnant, giving birth, feeding my two year old with one hand and nursing my newborn with the other. No accomplishment in my life has been as fulfilling as bringing these sweet spirits into this world and watching them grow. They have important missions in this life to fulfill themselves, and I am just grateful that I (along with my good husband) can be a part of that too.

3 comments:

Taylor Gardner said...

Really beautiful. I can relate with so much. The happiness of motherhood runs so very deep. It's such a PURE happiness. I'm so grateful to be experiencing it as well. Thanks for all the great photos and thoughts!

Elliot said...

What a beautiful family. Ligia, thanks for sharing those wonderful feelings. We love you guys and are already starting to miss you guys just knowing that you're leaving for the summer again.

We're praying for you and love you.

Love, Elliot, April, and Tate.

Stephen said...

Thanks for posting those thoughts, Ligia. I so look forward to seeing you guys in a bit. Aprilliot's loss is my gain.
LD

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer